Peruvian Salt Potatoes
for 4 people as a side dish or tasting dish
- 400g very small Peruvian Potatoes (2-3cm)
- Alternatively Grenaille Potatoes (2-3cm)
- 100g Salt
- 1 Liter of Water
- 150g Butter
1. Wash the potatoes thoroughly without damaging the skin.
2. Combine potatoes, salt and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Boil the potatoes depending on size until soft, 2-3cm potatoes need approximately 15 minutes boiling and 5 minutes resting in hot water. Do not poke the skin to test if the potatoes are done, otherwise the potato becomes too salty from the water. While the potatoes are boiling, melt the butter in a separate pot.
4. When the potatoes are done, take them out from the hot water. The water will evaporate and leave behind a thin layer of salt on the potato skin which will add the right amount of seasoning.
5. Present in a small bowl with the melted butter on the side. Dip the potato in the butter and eat away. Enjoy the perfect ratio of potato:salt:butter!